Instagram Highlight Covers Instruction Guide
How to Access your Template
This template is edited with the free design platform Canva. You will need a www.canva.com account to edit this template.
If you don’t currently have a Canva account. You will need to register for one before downloading this template.
The link for the template is located on the digital download sheet you receive after purchase. After clicking on the link Canva will open in a new tab.
Select ‘Use Template’ to access your template. This will automatically save this template in your Canva account. You can now edit your template.
TIP: You can download the highlight covers from your computer, unzip and email or airdrop to yourself.
How to download and unzip the folder
The highlight cover packs will come in a zipped folder. If on mobile you will need to unzip the files using a 3rd party app.
2. Locate the files on your phone and open with iZip.
3. iZip will ask “Would you like to unzip all files” Tap “Ok”
4. Select all icon files and tap ‘Save’ on the bottom right-hand corner- the images will be saved to your photo album.
How to add your Instagram cover to Instagram
You DO NOT need to add your cover as an Instagram story. All you need to do is:
1. Open your Instagram
2. Tap + hold your finger on the highlight story icons you want to edit
3. Select “Edit Highlight”
4. Select “Edit cover”
5. Tap on the Photo Album symbol on the left.
6. Select a cover from your camera roll.
7. Zoom in to make the icon larger
8. Tap “Done”
How to edit your Instagram covers on Canva
How to change the text
1. Double click on the text you want to change.
2. Type the new text into the text box.
How to change the font
1. Select the text box.
2. Click on the font drop-down menu in the editor toolbar.
3. Browse through the font selections or search for a font name.
4. Click on the font you wish to use. The new font will be automatically applied to the text box.
How to change color of a design element or background
1. Select the element.
2. Select the color swatch on the top left-hand corner.
3. Change the color to whatever you desire.
How to download highlight covers from Canva
1. In the top right corner select ‘Export’. A dropdown will appear.
2. Select ‘Download’
3. Change the file type to JPG (PNG. is too large)
4. Select the edited page you want to download in ‘Select Pages’.
5. Select ‘Download’