Social Story Post Instruction Guide
How to access your template
This template is edited with the free design platform Canva. You will need a www.canva.com account to edit this template.
If you don’t currently have a Canva account. You will need to register for one before downloading this template.
The link for the template is located on the digital download sheet you receive after purchase. After clicking on the link Canva will open in a new tab.
Select ‘Use Template’ to access your template. This will automatically save this template in your Canva account. You can now edit your template.
How to edit your template
How to change the colour of a design element or background colour?
1. Select the element.
2. Select the colour swatch on the top left-hand corner.
3. Change the colour to whatever you desire.
How to add your own images or logo:
1. Select 'Uploads' from the side panel.
2. Select the 'Upload an image or video' button.
3. Select the file you wish to upload.
4. Drag and drop the image on to the template
How the change the font
1. Select the text box.
2. Click on the font drop-down menu in the editor toolbar.
3. Browse through the font selections or search for a font name.
4. Click on the font you wish to use. The new font will be automatically applied to the text box.
Downloading your template
1. In the top right corner select ‘Export’ A dropdown will appear
2. Select ‘Download’
3. Change the file type to JPG. (PNG. is too large)
4. Select the edited page you want to download in ‘Select Pages’
5. Select ‘Download’
How to animate your Social Stories
1. Click to select the page that you want to animate.
2. Click Animate from the toolbar above the editor.
3. Select an animation from the options. Hovering your cursor over them will preview the effect. Click on one to apply it to the selected page.
Please note some of the animations are a premium element.
How to download your animated designs
1. To download, click Download Video above the editor. Select Download Video from the options.
2. Select the page of the animated template you want to download.
3. Select a file type: GIF or Video. If you added music to your design, select Video (MP4).
4. Click Download.
NOTE: Use a scheduling tool like Later to plan your Instagram posts in advance.